New for 2021
Ardonagh Community Trust is thrilled to launch the Bright Future Prize
This programme is aimed at inspiring and empowering the next generation of community leaders across the UK and Ireland. Open to young people aged 15-19 years old, the Bright Future prize will award one promising individual with £20,000 in funding to help them make their community of choice better, brighter and stronger.
2020 was a year that challenged us all, disrupted everyone’s lives and brought to the forefront the importance of community spirit. We recognise the impact coronavirus had directly on young people; on their education, mental health and future but also how motivated and determined they’ve been to succeed and give back to others.
The Bright Future Prize aims to encourage the entrepreneurial spirit and innovative thinking of a new generation - not for commercial gain, but to support a community they care about to thrive.
Nominations are open now until Friday 21 May, finalists will be announced in July and the winner revealed in September 2021.
Who can apply for the Bright Future Prize?
The Bright Future Prize is open to young people who are passionate about, and actively working to make a difference in a community of their choice – this could be a geographical area, a group of people united by a shared interest/charity, or national/global cause.
To apply, you must be from the UK or Ireland and aged between 15 and 19 years old.
What do I need to include in my application?
To apply, you must clearly outline how the £20,000 prize would enable you to make a tangible impact on your chosen cause or community project. We also want to understand why you’re passionate about it and how you’re already making a difference. Be as thorough as you can and make sure you showcase why you deserve this funding.
What can the funding be used for?
The winner will receive £20,000 funding towards making a difference to their chosen cause or community project. This could include:
- Starting a business or social enterprise that supports a charitable cause
- Completing a community-based project
- Funding towards an existing charity or Community Interest Company
- Furthering your studies or vocational education in order to make a difference through theoretical knowledge or practical and technical qualifications
What happens once I’ve applied?
Once you’ve applied, you will receive an email confirmation and all applications will be reviewed following the closing date, Friday 21 May.
Finalists will be selected by the ACT board of Trustees and all applicants will be emailed to let them know the outcome in early July. A member of the ACT team will reach out to the finalists to find out more about their project to help the judges make their decision.
Who will select the winner?
The ACT board of Trustees will select a winner at the end of September 2021. Winners will be announced shortly after.
Are there any exclusions?
Immediate family members of employees of The Ardonagh Group and its subsidiaries are not eligible to apply. You can read the full terms and conditions here.
Applying for the Bright Future Prize is simple. Here are our top tips for a strong application:
- Be clear – before you start your application, read through what we’re looking for and think about the particular project or cause that the prize could help you achieve.
- Be detailed – take your time to tell us about the cause/project that the funding will go towards. We’re looking for finalists who have an in-depth understanding of their chosen cause and how this funding could help make a positive impact. We want to read your application and be wowed, so make sure you give us that chance!
- Be passionate – make sure you share with us why this project is important to you and the difference it will make to the community you care about.
- Be proud – it’s often hard to talk about your achievements, but we want to hear about them. Tell us what you’ve already done and what you’re planning to do in the future.
If you have any specific questions about your application, please email email@example.com and we’ll be on hand to help.